With digital marketing becoming more and more important in today’s society, it is imperative that auto dealerships keep up with the trends. We all know how difficult it can be to maintain a successful business in this day and age; in order for your dealership to succeed, you need to take advantage of every opportunity possible.
In this post, Actknw gives you some helpful tips on how you can make your dealership thrive when it comes to digital marketing:
- Get a Facebook page for your store.
- You can add deals, post pictures of used cars for sale, and attract new customers. Also set up Google My Business so that your dealership will show up in search results on mobile devices when people are nearby.
- Get a website to help you meet the needs of today’s consumers who rely heavily on their smartphones and tablets.
- Be sure to keep an eye on social media networks like Twitter and Instagram; always look out for sales promotions every month because they’ll bring more traffic into your store; be ready with online specials whenever possible. These types of offers drive sales way better than paper coupons do so definitely use them often!
- Make sure all employees know how to do basic tasks such as uploading inventory and responding to online inquiries; offer test drives and no-hassle price quotes right away; make sure your website is mobile optimized.
- Keep an eye out for new car launches that people will be interested in – like the Tesla Model III or Google’s driverless cars!
- Consider opening up a dealership on Facebook if you don’t already have one. This social network has over 900 million users so it could bring lots of new customers into your store!
- Always check reviews before buying ads from anyone on any advertising platform because third party websites such as Yelp, Cars.com, DealerRater, and Edmunds all let consumers rate their purchasing experiences at local dealerships which can influence whether or not they’ll buy from you.
- Start off by having an updated website and make sure your customers can access it. This is important because if you do not have one, people will lose interest right away.
Create social media accounts whether they are business or personal ones. This way you can engage with your audience and allow them to get involved with what you’re doing. Post pictures of new cars that come onto the lot, post about company events such as charity drives etc., just be creative! You never know who will respond or what you might learn from your audience.
You can add a blog to your website and post articles about the industry, how to maintain cars etc., anything! The more content you put out there for people to read, the better chance they’ll stick around.
Do not be scared of digital marketing like Facebook ads because it is an easy way to get new customers in front of you without spending much money at all if done correctly. People are on their phones 24/24 so this will bring traffic into your business that otherwise wouldn’t be there.
You should also post regularly so people do not think you’re just creating content once every few months or weeks; consistency is key here. It does not have to be daily but try posting at least three times per week. The more often people come across something new from you, the better chance they’ll remember who you are and potentially go back to your website or look you up on their phone.
Be sure that all the content you put out is going to be original and worth reading. You want people’s time, so make it interesting for them! This will cause traffic to go back again and again because they know what they’re getting from you. If a person reads something once about a topic but does not find anything new after that, why would they continue coming back?
The most important part of any blog, article or online presence is having great content. Without quality content your blog will not be found on search engines and no one will visit it! If people don’t find your site they won’t use it as a resource which means that eventually traffic will fall off and then even less people will come see what you have posted. You can always buy more advertisements but if nobody visits your website those ads aren’t going to do much good.
The digital age has changed everything when it comes to business, especially running an auto dealership. The good news is that if you are willing to learn and embrace change then your business will be just fine. It’s important to understand how people feel about buying cars before diving into this information so let’s talk about why customers visit dealerships today instead of going online or having their friend bring them along on test drives like they used too. That leads us to our next topic which is making someone choose one car over another.